The George offers up a modern but casual high tea experience that is well suited for groups who want to celebrate over high tea.
Review: Michelle Milton
High Tea Society revisited The George after first taking high tea there at the opening event back in July 2010. Three years later The George is still a popular venue for groups looking to celebrate over high tea. I’ve attended a number of high tea birthday parties at The George and there’s always a great atmosphere and a room filled with glamorous ladies dressed up for the occasion.
The menu changes often so you’re likely to have a different selection when you visit. If you have dietary requirements, make this known at the time of booking. We tried both the traditional and the gluten free high tea menu. If you select the gluten free option you won’t miss out – as the gluten free cakes are just as good, our favourites included the Chocolate Brownie and the Orange Poppy Seed Cake.
The Goerge High Tea Menu:
- Sweet Apple and pear cider scones with chili, raspberry, balsamic and pink pepper jam, vanilla cream
- Chocolate mousse, popping candy crunchLemon meringue pies
- Blue cheese, cheddar walnut, quince scrolls
- Cured salmon blinis, salmon roe, herbs
- Goat’s cheese, red onion jam, poppy tartlets
- Open Sandwiches: Cream cheese and cucumber; Open wagyu beef, spiced chutney and herb; T2 smoked chicken, candy bacon, French brie and quince
There are a few booth seats at the back of The George, which provide an intimate and private space. The restaurant is casual but intimate with an open floor plan and fire place.
The George offers up a modern but casual high tea experience that is well suited for groups who want to celebrate over high tea. This is a good value high tea – we recommend you visit.
Reviews for this venue:
- 2 July 2010: High Tea at The George Perth