This is no stuffy, nose in the air type of afternoon... it's High Tea with a George twist...
High Tea Society was lucky to be in Perth for the launch of High Tea at The George.
This is no stuffy, nose in the air type of afternoon… it’s High Tea with a George twist…
On arrival at our table the lovely host presented a selection of the raw tea leaves for our inspection. The table is set with white fine bone china and white linen. The room is filled well dressed ladies and a live jazz band is playing.
Head Chef Telina Menzies works her magic as she delivers amazing finger sandwiches, succulent savouries, and of course homemade scones. But these are not ordinary scones, they are homemade lemonade scones, with raspberry chilli balsamic jam, orange vanilla cream. Is your mouth watering yet?
The George Afternoon Tea Menu
- Finger Sandwiches:
- Home smoked salmon, cucumber, caper, sour cream
- Earl grey smoked chicken, pancetta, roasted garlic mayo
- Rare beef, spiced tomato and roquette
- Triple brie, quince with swiss chard
- Homemade lemonade scones, with raspberry chilli balsamic jam and orange vanilla cream
- Mini blue cheese, marmalade and spinach tartlets
- Mini french style pasties and cakes
It really was as tasty and as deliteful as it sounds. It’s not a classic high tea, but a modern interpretation on the tradition.
The George delivers a stunning high tea, a lot of thought has been put into creating the menu and with the live music performing this is a special event. It is very good value for the quality of food and tea.
Reviews for this venue:
- 31 July 2013: High Tea at The George Perth