It has been eight years since I tasted the Mayfair Hotel High Tea. That is way too long in between scones!
The Mayfair Grand High Tea is still held in the lower lobby in the Mayflower Restaurant and now The Den Bistro. The boutique hotel is oozing with stunning art deco style and sleekness. The design of the lower lobby is classy, elegant and comfortable.
We had the Mayfair Grand Champagne High Tea. Check their website for the menu and different high tea levels and prices.
The Grand Champagne High Tea is a modern take on the traditional high tea with appealing flavour combinations. All items are made fresh on site from South Australian produce. Everything was tasty, fresh and satisfying.
The savoury dishes had great aromas and taste. A modern and luxurious take on the prawn cocktail was included with the delectable Spencer Gulf Prawn Cocktail with Caviar. The Adelaide Hills Heirloom Tomato on a Quinoa tart with cream cheese and caramelized onion was succulent.
The standouts from the sweet selections were the Mayfair Berrylicious Macaron; shaped into a pink heart with fresh strawberries and cream in the middle. The Maple Nut Choux was delicately shaped into a swan also with cream. Both are so creative and delicate.
Mayfair Hotel didn’t miss a beat with the staff being extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The presentation was perfect with the classic crockery and stylish teacups and teapot.
Treat yourself to a bit of luxury with the Mayfair Grand High Tea. It was lovely!
Mayfair Grand Champagne High Tea Menu
(items may vary)
Glass of G.H Mumm Grand Cordon Champagne on Arrival
- Classic Curried Egg and Watercress Sandwich
- Spencer Gulf Prawn Cocktail Éclair with Black Caviar
- Old English Pork and Sage Sausage Roll with Toasted Fennel Seeds
- Smoked Salmon, Spinach Pinwheel Sandwich with Yarra Valley Caviar
- Adelaide Hills Heirloom Tomato, Cream Cheese, Caramelized Onion on Quinoa Tart
- Mayfair Berrylicious Macaron
- Spiced Tartamisu
- Classic English Orange Tea Cake
- Maple Nut Choux Swans
- Chefs Seasonal Pannacotta with Young Vanilla Pudding Topped with Seasonal Fruits
For The Table:
- Warm Buttermilk Scones with Beerenberg Strawberry Jam, Cultured Butter and Cŕeme Chantilly
- La Maison Du Loose Leaf Teas
- English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Queen Mary, Chai, Peppermint, Green Tea
- Coffee: Vittoria Espresso Coffee
High Tea in Adelaide – find more experiences
in our High Tea Venue Directory
Reviews for this venue:
- 29 September 2015: High Tea at the Mayfair Hotel Adelaide