If you're searching for the perfect high tea recipes to elevate your at-home tea time experience, you've come to the right place.
Scones; light and fluffy, dressed with fresh jam and rich cream are the backbone of the High Tea experience. Modern re-imaginings of the traditional recipe help to bring an array of new flavours to the table. The perfect pair for a classic scone is jam and cream. For those with the patience, homemade jam allows you to experiment with flavours outside the standard strawberry or apricot. Take inspiration form recipes recommended by the best purveyors of High Tea in the business.
- Anna Polyviou’s Scones recipe
- Eric Lanlard’s Aperol Sultana Scone Recipe
- The Hotel Windsor’s Scone Recipe
- CWA Plain Scone Recipe
- Lady Flo’s Perfect Pumpkin Scone Recipe
- Thibault Marchand’s Rose & Raspberry Scone Recipe
- Vegan Coconut & Cranberry Scone Recipe
- Tessa Kiros’ Square Scone Recipe
Another quintessential High Tea staple is the humble sandwich; simple in their construction, these small bites can deliver a punch of flavour, and are deliciously dainty amid a spread of fancy treats. View our How To Make Finger Sandwiches guide.
- Chicken & Celery Sandwich Recipe
- Egg Mayo Sandwich Recipe
- Chicken & Herb Finger Sandwich Recipe
- John Law’s Potato & Truffle Egg Sandwich Recipe
- Neil Perry’s Curried Egg Sandwich Recipe
Whether you prefer bite-sized and colourfully decorated portions or a three-layer centrepiece, no tea party is complete without cake! Check out the recipes below for inspiration from some of Australia’s top Pastry chefs.
- Katherine Sabbath’s Rose & Fig Love Cake Recipe
- Blueberry Friand Recipe
- Natalie Paull’s Red Velvet Layer Cake Recipe
- Vegan Canelé Recipe
- Buckingham Palace’s Victoria Sponge Recipe
- Tilly Pamment’s, Nana’s Rainbow Cake Recipe
- Emelia Jackson’s Sour Cream Blueberry Cake Recipe
Find more recipes in our collection: scone recipes, savoury recipes, sandwich recipes and cake recipes.