On a recent visit to Sydney we attended the launch of the Sparkling High Tea at the Abode Bistro & Bar at ParkRoyal Darling Harbour.
You can now enjoy your high tea with three glasses of paired sparkling wines. The high tea menu features desserts that had been infused with sparkling wine and served with glasses of Villa Jolanda prosecco and Jansz sparkling wine.
The menu has been designed around seasonal produce. My favourite item was the smoked salmon and crepe roulade. The soft cheese was cured with Villa Jolanda Prosecco, with elements of peach and pink grapefruit.
The sweet selection included chocolate dipped strawberries infused with Jansz Rose and Turkish delight with rosewater aromas courtesy of the Jansz Rose.
Abode ParkRoyal Sydney Sparkling Infused High Tea Menu
- Mini prawn cocktail
- Crab, avocado and cucumber finger sandwich
- Poached chicken and egg finger sandwich
- Prosecco cured salmon roulade with soft cheese
- Roasted pumpkin, pepitas and pumpkin puree tartlet
- Bacon and egg quiche
- Blueberry and vanilla scones, served with rose scented Chantilly cream and strawberry jam
- Prosecco and pomegranate cupcake
- Passionfruit and vanilla cheesecake slice
- ABODE’s opera slice
- Raspberry meringue pie
- Pistachio macaron
- Jansz chocolate truffle
- Jansz Rose infused chocolate dipped strawberry
Tea or organic coffee.
Matched sparkling wines:
- Villa Jolanda Prosecco NV Veneto, IT 1
- Jansz Premium Cuvee NV, Pipers River, TAS
- Jansz Rose NV, Pipers River, TAS
I must say its lovely to see good tableware served at high tea. High Tea at Abode is served on tableware from the Villeroy & Boch Mariefleur collection.
The restaurant is stylish and bright as it features carpets and wallpaper from Catherine Martin, by lattice works by Florence Broadhurst and plantation shutters.
The Sparkling high tea at the Abode Bistro & Bar offers a contemporary twist on the traditional high tea menu. This would be the ideal venue for a birthday party or hens party high tea.
Reviews for this venue:
- 4 March 2015: High Tea at Abode Bistro & Bar Sydney