Be one of the first to enjoy this elegant afternoon tea and experience the beautifully restored and heritage listed Mural Hall.
Mural Hall, the iconic ballroom built in 1932, and noted by the National Trust as ‘one of the finest Art Deco interiors in Australia’, is also considered one of the world’s finest examples of art deco. The former ballroom and dining room is named for ten marvellous murals painted by Napier Waller in 1934. Sidney Myer, founder of the Myer Emporium was renowned for innovation and it was he who commissioned the murals to pay homage to the Seasons and to Women and their achievements through history in the areas of art, opera, literature, dance and fashion.
In the tradition of tea in the Salon, resident MC Janine Atwill will host you whilst you are entertained by a rising star from the Victorian College of the Arts along with the Chamber Music Australia.
Dine on exquisite tea sandwiches, moreish savoury tarts, freshly baked scones, jam and cream, petite éclairs and assorted sweet pastries. Rich hot chocolate, freshly brewed coffee and artisan teas served from art deco tea trolleys will complete the experience.
Congratulations to the winner Nicole Dekker.
HOW TO ENTER:
To win you need to leave a comment at the bottom of this page in 30 words or less, with an answer to: “What would four tickets to high tea in the Mural Hall valued at $70 each for Sunday 25 September 2011 mean to you?”
High Tea Society Competition Terms and Privacy:
– The winning entry will be decided on creativity or entertainment value.
– One entry per person and email address.
– Prizes are redeemable and will be emailed or posted to an Australian address only.
– By entering this competition you are opting in to receive the High Tea Society email newsletter.
– The competition closes on Tuesday 6 September 2011, 5pm AEST. The winner will be announced on High Tea Society on 8 September 2011.
Discover more High Tea Melbourne venues.