You can win four tickets to the Mural Hall’s Mother’s Day high tea event on Sunday the 13th of May 2012.
Mural Hall, the iconic ballroom built in 1932, and noted by the National Trust as ‘one of the finest Art Deco interiors in Australia’, is also considered one of the world’s finest examples of art deco. The former ballroom and dining room is named for ten marvellous murals painted by Napier Waller in 1934. Sidney Myer, founder of the Myer Emporium was renowned for innovation and it was he who commissioned the murals to pay homage to the Seasons and to Women and their achievements through history in the areas of art, opera, literature, dance and fashion.
In the tradition of tea in the Salon, resident curator from NGV – Kenneth Parks will speak on the history of the Murals whilst you are entertained by Jazz and Shiraz.
Dine on exquisite tea sandwiches, moreish savoury tarts, freshly baked scones, jam and cream, petite éclairs and assorted sweet pastries. Rich hot chocolate, freshly brewed coffee and artisan teas served from art deco tea trolleys will complete the experience.
Congratulations Melita your the winner.
HOW TO ENTER:
To win you need to leave a comment at the bottom of this page in 30 words or less, with an answer to: “Why would you like to win tickets to the Mural Hall Mother’s Day high tea event?”
High Tea Society Competition Terms and Privacy:
– The winning entry will be decided on creativity or entertainment value.
– One entry per person and email address.
– Prizes are redeemable and will be emailed or posted to an Australian address only.
– By entering this competition you are opting in to receive the High Tea Society email newsletter.
– The competition closes Tuesday 10th of April 2012, 5pm AEST. The winner will be announced on High Tea Society on the 12th of April 2012.
Discover more High Tea Melbourne venues.