I did a little bit of research about the High Teas in Amsterdam and decided on the Amstel Hotel, as that is where the Queen and the Rolling Stones stay when they are in town.
Tom and I went to Amsterdam in September as part of our European Adventure. One sunny day, we decided it would be fun to go to High Tea. I did a little bit of research about the High Teas in Amsterdam and decided on the Amstel Hotel, as that is where the Queen and the Rolling Stones stay when they are in town.
A short taxi ride from Dam Square, we walked into the grand entrance of the hotel and were shown through to a conservatory area with huge chandeliers and plush couches overlooking the canals.
The waitress came over and greeted us and explained the package, (I can’t remember the price but I think it was about 50 euro…). One of the things that I enjoyed about High Tea at The Amstel Hotel was that they served a different tea with each course. We started with some petite fours of chocolate truffles. That was followed by some savoury sandwiches, focaccias, smoked salmon wraps, scones, little cupcakes and a sweet bread.
The sandwiches were served in a hollowed out bread loaf, which looked incredible! When you opened the lid, there were cucumber, ham and egg sandwiches.
The next course where some hot spring rolls and tarts. By this stage we were getting quite full, the last course was little lemon meringue pies and chocolate tarts, a delicious treat to end our experience.
We sat back and sipped champagne (Tom was onto beer by this stage!) and enjoyed the view.
It was a beautiful setting, incredible food and a fabulous experience. Something totally different to what you usually expect from Amsterdam.
InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam Afternoon Tea Menu:
- Bonbon of Tia Maria and Nougatine
- Brownie Lolly
- Pain Surprise; smoked salmon, cucumber, smoked chicken and egg-salad with watercress
- Wrap with king crab, crème fraîche and coriander
- Focaccia with goat cheese, grilled courgette and rocket leaves
- Traditional Scones; vanilla and chocolate with clotted cream and preserves
- Dutch kringle
- Orange cremeux on a sablé with almond
- Cupcake with a mousse of Cassis
- Passion fruit mousse and white chocolate
- Petit four with a velouté of Chocolate and hazelnut praline
- Hot snack; Mini cheese-croquette, Spring roll of spicy duck or Salmon quiche