Here's your chance to experience High Tea at Parliament House in Sydney. Win one of two prizes, each prize includes a Sparkling Rose High Tea for two people valued at $130.
Dine with history at Strangers’ Restaurant – a place where Members of Parliament meet and greet their guests.
Historically, guests to Parliament, which may include visiting dignitaries, consulate representatives or even members of the Royal family were referred to as ’strangers’, thus the restaurant became known as the place ‘where strangers become friends’.
Today, we invite you and your guests to continue this tradition.
“There are no strangers here, only friends you haven’t yet met”. William Butler Yeats – poet
Visitors to the building have the rare opportunity to experience key moments in the history of Australian politics whilst exploring the magnificent collection of historic artefacts, priceless art and precious antiques.
Executive Chef, Vanessa Harcourt and her very talented and passionate culinary team, have designed a seasonal menu that showcases the wonderful delicacies and unique regions of New South Wales. The Restaurant proudly supports local farmers who practice ethical and sustainable farming methods.
High Tea with History. In 1857, the first state cricket match between Victoria and New South Wales was played in the Domain. High Tea was served to the ladies and gentlemen attending. NSW won.
High Tea at Strangers’ Restaurant by Parliament House, Sydney features homemade scones with jam and cream, and lemon myrtle, mini raspberry and panna cotta tartlets.
View the NSW Parliament High Tea menu here.
About the Prize:
- Sparkling Rose High Tea for two at Strangers’ Restaurant, Parliament House, 6 Macquarie Street, NSW Sydney 2000, there are two prizes, each valued at $130.
- Traditional Parliamentary High Tea served with a glass of Sparkling Rose Wine on arrival, includes a selection of teas and coffee.
- Redeemable between 1st July to 25th November 2022.
- Any additional amounts exceeding the value of the voucher must be settled on the day.
- High Tea is held every Friday from 12pm to 2pm.
- The voucher must be presented to the restaurant on the day.
How to Enter:
- Answer the question: What is the Australian ingredient used in the mini raspberry and panna cotta tartlets served at Strangers’ Restaurant?
- Winner will be selected at random and will need to have followed the instructions correctly.
- Competition ends 12th April 2022, 5pm AEST.
- Winner will be announced on High Tea Society on the 14th of April 2022.
- Competition is open to Australian residents.
- View the Terms & Conditions.
Competition is closed
Congratulations to the winners Samantha Kiloh & Debbie Ford.