Step into the enchanting world of festive indulgence at Hotel Chadstone's Altus Rooftop Lounge for the Festive High Tea.
Christmas shopping just got a whole lot sparklier!
As one of Santa’s longtime helpers, I can personally attest to the marathon of a pre-Christmas shop at Chadstone. While there is absolutely no better venue to find gifts that cater to all members of the family, it can be a massive undertaking with most of Melbourne also there. So what better way to add some joy to the day than breaking up your outing with a delicious feast, comfy chairs, a little peace away from the hustle and bustle – and a fortifying caffeine or champagne beverage? A perfect chance to unload the trolly, regroup with your shopping besties and compare notes.
High Tea at Altus is a wonderful treat, and their Christmas themed spread ticks all the boxes. Of the selection my favourite savoury items were slow cooked Wagyu beef pies and the beetroot cured Tasmanian smoked salmon on Macha bread with cream cheese. Delicious!
And for the sweets, the salted caramel & ginger petite gateau Santa sleigh, along with Santa’s hat (a brule chocolate tart topped with dark chocolate, raspberry mousse and coconut marshmallow) were the standouts for me.
High Tea is served with coffee and a range of delightful TWG teas. And you can also upgrade to include a glass of chilled Veuve Clicquot Champagne.
Make your Christmas shopping outing a day to remember for all the right reasons with a festive treat to yourself at Hotel Chadstone.
Festive High Tea Menu:
- Honey glaze turkey petite brioche (DF)
- Two-cheese mousse with cranberry caviar, cranberry gel and Geraldton wax (V)(NF)
- Beetroot cured Tasmanian smoked salmon on Macha bread with lemon myrtle cream cheese (NF)
- Roasted VIC Black Angus pinwheel, horseradish relish, salad cress, citrus cream forest berries (NF)
- Slow cooked wagyu beef pies, onion and mango jam
- Pumpkin and goat cheese arancini (V)
- Cointreau Christmas tree with orange blossom strawberry gel (GF)
- Raspberry Santa hat with spiced brulé chocolate tart, raspberry mousse & coconut marshmallow (NF)
- Salted caramel & ginger petit gateau with ginger sable Breton, salted caramel cream and croustillant (NF)
- Lavender blueberry Christmas bauble cake
- Buttermilk scones and sweet orange & white chocolate scones served with strawberry jam, lemon curd and chantilly cream (V) (NF)
High Tea Melbourne – find more experiences
in our High Tea Venue Directory
Reviews for this venue:
- 30 March 2021: High Tea at Altus Hotel Chadstone Melbourne
- 23 December 2019: Rose inspired High Tea at Hotel Chadstone Melbourne