The Westin Perth’s ‘Haven High Tea’ never fails to disappoint, and this particular menu is next level because it’s the best of. That’s right, a lot of your past favourites are back and on the same menu!
Head pastry chef Sarah Rix said, “We listened to our customers and brought them back for a second time to create Westin Perth’s Finest High Tea.”
So, I was very keen to jump straight in and start at the bottom tier of my three-tiered tower, where the savoury treats resided. First up was the lemon pepper chicken, aioli on a brioche bun. The panko crumb gave the beautifully seasoned chicken an extra crunch and complimented the generously spread aioli on the fluffy brioche bun. Albany asparagus, cream cheese, and cucumber on a finger sandwich was a combination I hadn’t had before, but boy did it work?! As did the mini baguette with ham, camembert, and piperade, aka French-inspired red peppers. I concluded the bottom tier with my favourite savoury of the day, potted hot smoked salmon, pea cream, and caviar—simply the best!
I then ordered a JING peppermint tea to accompany the top tier where one of THE most delicious scones I have ever tasted resided. Everything from the crusty on the outside and light and fluffy (with crushed hazelnuts) on the inside scone to the strawberry and tonka bean preserve and chantilly cream was pure perfection.
I concluded my afternoon with the highly anticipated middle dessert tier. I started with the Karri Forest honey and lemon petite gateaux. The multiple layers of sweet deliciousness perfectly set the tone for the three desserts to come. Enter the light and summery pandan, passionfruit, mango, and rum layer cake, which was a wonderful precursor to the Earl Grey, raspberry, and cocoa nib choux pastry. Tea lovers will love the strong Early Grey flavour, which combined beautifully with the cocoa mousse and raspberry. I concluded the day with my favourite dessert, the highly decadent Valrhona dark chocolate, crème brulee centre with a crunchy feuilletine base. What’s not to love?!
View this post on Instagram
This French-inspired high tea brings together the best of the best, and I couldn’t recommend it more. The flawless menu only runs until February 25, and it’s a very reasonable $72 for teetotallers, up to $92 with a glass of Moet & Chandon. Sittings are on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 11am and 2.30pm so don’t delay, reserve your table today.
Westin Perth’s Finest High Tea Menu:
- Hazelnut scone, strawberry and tonka bean preserve, chantilly cream
- Pandan, passionfruit, mango, rum
- Karri forest honey and lemon petite gateaux
- Earl grey, raspberry and cocoa nib choux pastry
- Valrhona dark chocolate, crème brulee centre, crunchy feuilletine
- Jambon Beurre-baguette, camembert piperade
- Lemon pepper chicken, aioli, brioche bun
- Potted hot smoked salmon, pea cream and caviar
- Albany asparagus, cream cheese and cucumber fingers
Unlimited coffee and tea is included, other beverages are also available.
High Tea Perth – find more experiences
in our High Tea Venue Directory
Reviews for this venue:
- 29 January 2023: Chandon in Bloom High Tea at The Westin Perth
- 24 March 2022: High Tea at The Westin Perth
- 19 August 2021: Chocolate High Tea at The Westin Perth
- 11 July 2019: Truffle High Tea at The Westin Perth
- 2 May 2019: Pink High Tea at The Westin Perth
- 31 May 2018: Afternoon Tea at The Westin Perth