We’ve created a list of High Tea gems in regional Australia to help you organise a High Tea Getaway, helping to support local communities.
The summer of 2019/20 is one that no Australian will easily forget. We have fought – and continue to fight – through some of the worst bushfires in our nation’s history, with small country towns across the country being badly affected. With donations flooding in to support those who have lost their homes and livelihoods, it’s easy to assume that all will go back to normal, but donations only stretch so far, and what many towns need is tourism.
In January this year, Tourism Australia launched a nation-wide campaign to ‘Holiday Here This Year’, encouraging us all to appreciate and explore our own backyard, in turn supporting local communities affected by the fires. Other grassroots initiatives such as the #emptyesky, #bookthemout and #roadtripforgood are gaining momentum to get Australians out of the city and spending their money where it’s needed most.
While the fires have been devastating for so many rural communities, the rebuilding process has already begun, and many places are now back and open for business.
Here at High Tea Society, we have an extensive directory of High Tea venues from far and wide where you can book to enjoy the sophistication and class of High Tea. We have compiled a list of High Tea venues from regional parts of Australia for you to plan the perfect High Tea Getaway and help support small towns and bush fire affected regions of Australia.
Get the girls together and share a High Tea experience at a regional Australian venue – share your photos by adding the hashtag #highteagetaway & tagging @highteasociety on Instagram or Facebook.
Suggestions for your High Tea Getaway:
- Bellinzona Resort, Hepburn Springs
- Chateau Yering Historic House Hotel, Yarra Valley
- Craig’s Royal Hotel Ballarat – View our review
- Moments & Memories Tea Room, Beechworth
- Narmbool Homestead & Gardens Sovereign Hill, Ballarat
- Quorum Restaurant Warrnambool
- Searoards Ferries, Sorrento & Queenscliff – View our review
- Vintage Rose Tea Room, Yackandandah
- Woodman Estate Mornington – View our review
- Cottage Tea Rooms, Henley Brook
- Lavender Bistro Swan Valley – View our review
- Voyager Estate, Margaret River – View our review
- Abbey of the Roses, Warwick
- Elegant Emu, Adavale
- Elements at Montville
- Tea & Niceties, Tamborine Mountain
- Teavine House, Tallebudgera
- Wolston Farmhouse, Wacol
New South Wales
- Avalon Katoomba
- Biviano’s Dural
- Bygone Beautys Treasured Teapot Museum & Tearooms, Leura
- Clifton House & Gardens, Young
- Dirty Janes, Bowral
- Flutterbies, Tyalgum
- Gledswood Homestead & Winery, Gledswood Hills
- Hydro Majestic, Meadlow Bath – View our review
- Lilianfels Resort & Spa, Katoomba – View our review
- The Robertson Hotel, Southern Highlands
- The Anchorage Port Stephens, Corlette – View our review
- The Carrington Hotel Katoomba
- voco Kirkton Park, Hunter Valley – View our review
Australian Capital Territory
In an age when it has never been cheaper, easier or faster to get to every corner of the world, it’s time for us Australians to look closer afield to experience the culture and sophistication that we have in our own backyard. Plan your own High Tea Getaway and find out what regional Australia has to offer.
If we’ve inspired you to plan your own High Tea Getaway, we’d love to see your photos. Share your experience with us over on Instagram or Facebook – use the #highteagetaway hashtag & tag us @highteasociety.