Fitzrovia Cafe’s Coconut, Blueberry & White Chocolate Friand Recipe
Serves 16 mini friands
Delicious Coconut, Blueberry & White Chocolate Friand recipe from Fitzrovia Cafe & Restaurant.
Celebrating all things sweet this winter to support hospitality businesses in the City of Port Phillip (Melbourne, Australia) Dessert First is showcasing 60 desserts in 60 days. One of the desserts featured is the Coconut, Blueberry & White Chocolate Friand recipe from Fitzrovia Cafe & Restaurant.
This recipe makes 8 large or 16 mini friends, perfect for your next High Tea at Home.
- 150g butter
- 150g white chocolate roughly chopped
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 250g icing sugar
- 125g plain flour (or good quality GF flour)
- 260g egg whites
- 24 blueberries
- The seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- Butter and caster sugar for coating moulds
- Melt chocolate and butter over bain-marie
- Mix egg white and vanilla seeds then mix into the chocolate mixture
- Mix dry ingredients and fold through chocolate-egg mixture
- Rub the insides of ramequins with butter and coat with caster sugar
- Pour mixture and top with berries
- Bake at 160°C for appr. 30mins
- Let them cool down 10 minutes then pop them out of the ramequins and place them on the racks to cool down.
View our full High Tea Recipe Collection