On Wednesday the 5th of October 2011 fashionable society ladies (and a few men) gathered for high tea at the InterContinental Hotel in Melbourne to support Special Olympics Victoria.
The Spring Racing – Champagne, Hats and High Tea event featured a fashion parade from designers: Craig Braybrook – Project Runway, John Cavill, Godwin Charli and Ganache Fashion Boutique (presenting Alex Perry and Aurelio Costarella) with millinery from Kerrie Stanley, Serena Lindeman and Zuzana Vranovska.
The InterContinental showcased their high tea skills with some delicious items. My favourite was the white chocolate mille feulle. This high tea event was a preview for what will soon be a more regular high tea event at the InterContinental Melbourne the Rialto.
InterContinental Melbourne High Tea Menu:
- Gippsland Thai beef wrap
- Tasmanian smoked salmon bagel with cream cheese
- Baked brioche with foie gras
- Brioche with Yarra Valley goats cheese and wild figs
- Fruit and plain scones with organic
- Rosella jam and whipped creamTart au chocolat
- Petit éclair
- Fraicheur framboise mousse
- White chocolate mille feulle
- With Champagne served on arrive and a selection of teas served during the high tea sitting.
Champagne, Hats and High Tea was a wonderful event in a stunning setting. If you have the opportunity to attend next year, I absolutely recommend this event.
Reviews for this venue:
- 26 February 2018: High Tea at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto
- 27 December 2016: High Tea at InterContinental Melbourne Rialto
- 31 May 2016: High Coffee at the InterContinental Melbourne
- 5 June 2013: High Coffee at the InterContinental Melbourne
- 4 January 2019: The Clarke Sisters' Tea Party at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto