If you are looking for a decadent treat to share with someone special then High Tea at TWR Crown Melbourne hits the mark.
It’s a very generous spread, with four tiers to the stand! And if you are a savoury fan, this spread will not leave you wanting – there are four hot items and four cold items on the two savoury layers.
As the title of the latest TWR High Tea alludes, this High Tea has a theme… namely the featuring of Hendrick’s Gin in some of the items on the platters as well as the Hendrick’s Gins featured on the drinks list. And as a very special touch, Hendrick’s infused chocolates to take home as a gift.
For me there were a number of stand out features to this High Tea. Firstly the palates of the different items felt well considered, as a complete experience – rather than competing flavours that collectively overwhelm (the touch of having chocolates to take home and savour on another occasion really resonated with me as this High Tea was absolutely enough without adding a rich chocolate item to the menu!).
Hats off to the team at Crown for creating such a variety of mini items all on site – each being a bite sized meal that took the taste buds on a very happy journey. My particular favourites were the Truffled Egg & Rye Bread, the Hendrick’s Neptunia Gin & Beetroot Scented Smoked Salmon, the Pistachio Raspberry Finger and the Passion Fruit & Mango Verrine… oh and the Dulce de Leche that came with the scones (that was some kind of confectionary voodoo).
View this post on Instagram
Hendrick’s Cocktail Taster with a TWR Twist:
- Heirloom Tomato Tart, Yarra Valley Fetta,
- Burrata Cream, Kalamata Olive Textures, Micro Basil
- Truffled Egg & Rye Bread, Kale Mayonnaise, Watercress
- Chicken & Celery, Artichoke, White Bean,
- Lemon Braised Asparagus
- Hendrick’s Neptunia Gin & Beetroot Scented
- Smoked Salmon, Compressed Dill Cucumber,
- Horseradish Cream
- Spiced Duck Bao Slider, Hendrick’s Lunar Gin
- Pickled Summer Greens, Hoisin & Plum Emulsion
- Scallop & Chilli Lime Crab Vol-Au Vent,
- Spiced Mango Relish
- Spanish Wagyu Beef Roll, Caramelised Onion,
- Smokey Tomato Jam
- Rosemary Pumpkin & Parmesan Pie,
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Traditional & Raisin Scones (V)
- Meander Valley Clotted Cream, Raspberry Jam,
- Dulce de Leche
- Hendrick’s Gin & Lemon Macaron
- Pistachio Raspberry Finger
- Elderflower & Strawberry Cream Cheese Tartlet
- Passion Fruit & Mango Verrine
High Tea Melbourne – find more experiences
in our High Tea Venue Directory
Reviews for this venue:
- 29 July 2023: Nikka High Tea at The Waiting Room, Crown Melbourne
- 2 August 2022: High Tea at The Waiting Room Crown Towers Melbourne
- 2 October 2018: Afternoon Tea at The Waiting Room Melbourne
- 4 June 2013: High Tea at The Waiting Room Melbourne
- 28 April 2012: High Tea at The Waiting Room Melbourne