Get ready Melbourne …The Waiting Room, Crown Melbourne is ringing in 2024 with a new High Tea menu inspired by Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut.
Starting from 5 January 2024 and running through until the end of March, the champagne High Tea is a sumptuous and elegant affair.
High Tea Society was treated to a special preview sampling ahead of the new menu’s official launch and we’re pleased to say this sparkling new offering is luxury personified.
Starting at $89 with a glass of Moët & Chandon Imperial Brut and moving up to $149 for a two-hour session with free-flowing champagne, the offering is plentiful, with four hot savouries, four cold savouries, four desserts and two sizeable scones served over four tiers.
You also receive a beautifully presented box of almond apricot Cacao biscuits to take home.
There’s also a selection of signature cocktails for those so inclined, as well as coffee and a variety of black, green and herbal teas.
Upon the recommendation of Chef de Cuisine Prashanth Bairy we start with a mini baguette packed with fresh lobster and prawn and topped with a briny pickle that provides the perfect pop of tartness.
The spinach and porcini arancini delivers a great umami punch and is perfectly paired with a sweet paprika aioli.
What looks at first glance like a humble party pie is elevated by a vibrant green pea mash and cauliflower topping and a deliciously braised beef brisket filling.
A special mention also goes to the brie and parmesan quiche, which is simply divine.
Moving up to the cold savouries, the heaped egg and potato served on a charcoal brioche bun and adorned with lavish helpings of parmesan snow is the stand-out on this tier, while the lightly toasted salmon rillette sandwich (topped with caviar and a cucumber cigar) is a close second.
Reaching the very top, the desserts deliver a feast of colour with lots of deep reds, hot pinks and bright yellow.
Cheesecake fans will love the forest berry cheesecake for its light biscuit base, creamy filling and white chocolate casing … yum!
The verrine – with hazelnut cream on the bottom, followed by a cherry compote and chocolate crumb and artfully topped with a perfectly formed red glazed “cherry” – packs some serious Cherry Ripe flavours and taste just as good as it looks.
Biting into the yuzu raspberry choux, an explosion of citrus awaits, and the strawberry yoghurt macaron rounds out the desserts nicely.
If you’re still hungry at the point (and chances are you will be ever so slightly full), you have the option of traditional or raisin scones to complete your high tea experience, served with a beautiful Meander Valley clotted cream, strawberry jam and citrus marmalade.
The Waiting Room’s Moët & Chandon High Tea menu is a true feast of the senses and provides a truly stylish and elegant offering, as we’ve come to expect from previous offerings.
The Moët & Chandon High Tea is available 5 January – 31 March 2024.
A word of advice: come with an empty stomach!
The Waiting Room Moët & Chandon High Tea menu:
- Confit salmon rillettes, toasted milk bun, lemon verbena
- Truffled egg and potato, charcoal brioche, parmesan snow, petite radish
- Pimento cheese, grilled corn, turkey ham pinwheels
- Smoked burrata tart, avocado, broad bean relish
- Mini lobster and prawn brioche, tarragon emulsion
- Braised beef brisket burgundy pie, green pea mash, spring vegetables
- Spinach and porcini arancini, sweet paprika aioli, pecorino textures
- Brie cheese and parmesan quiche
- Forest berry cheesecake
- Yuzu raspberry choux bun
- Hazelnut and cherry verrine
- Strawberry yoghurt macaron
- Traditional and raisin scones served with Meander Valley clotted cream, strawberry jam and citrus marmalade
Bookings are essential
High Tea Melbourne – find more experiences
in our High Tea Venue Directory
Reviews for this venue:
- 29 July 2023: Nikka High Tea at The Waiting Room, Crown Melbourne
- 1 February 2023: Hendrick’s High Tea at TWR Crown Melbourne
- 2 August 2022: High Tea at The Waiting Room Crown Towers Melbourne
- 2 October 2018: Afternoon Tea at The Waiting Room Melbourne
- 4 June 2013: High Tea at The Waiting Room Melbourne
- 28 April 2012: High Tea at The Waiting Room Melbourne