It might well have been the free flowing sparkling wine, or the endless pots of tea; perhaps the polished staff and silver - and the fine china - but the high tea at the Pan Pacific felt special.
High tea at the Pan Pacific Perth CBD (formerly the Sheraton Hotel) is one of the more elegant and popular high tea’s currently on offer in Perth.
It might well have been the free flowing sparkling wine, or the endless pots of tea; perhaps the polished staff and silver – and the fine china – but the high tea at the Pan Pacific felt special. There was enough deliciousness of savoury and sweets – and maybe I am practiced in not eating prior to going to a high tea – but I didn’t feel like a glutton on leaving. It was enough and not surplus. This high tea receives a gold star for silver service.
The Sparkling High Tea begins with a savoury plate to awaken your taste buds, featuring: gazpacho, a chilled tomato, capsicum, cucumber, chilli and basil soup; confit duck with quince jam and olive croute and tempura king prawns. This was followed by a three tiered cake stand with scones, sandwiches, a prawn cocktail and a panna cotta – all served with unlimited sparkling wine and a wide selection of TWG tea.
Pan Pacific Perth High Tea Menu
- Sparkling wine, loose leaf tea and organic coffee are served throughout the afternoon as you savour exquisite creations, beautifully displayed on traditional three tiered stands.
- Gazpacho: chilled tomato, capsicum, cucumber, chilli and basil soup
- Confit duck with quince jam and olive croute
- Tempura king prawn with mango, avocado, red onion and coriander salsa
- Smoked salmon, asparagus and cream cheese tartlet
- Ham and piccalilli finger sandwiches
- Char-grilled zucchini and sun blushed tomato roulade
- Prawn cocktails with citrus mayonnaise
- Buttermilk and raisin scones
- Glazed citrus tartlet with vanilla cream
- Coconut panna cotta with bitter chocolate ganache
- Vanilla macaron with raspberry jelly
- White chocolate and passion fruit pavlova
The Pan Pacific can accommodate special dietary requirements if a request is made 48 hours prior to arrival. I have a gluten free friend who attends this high tea often and she’s impressed with the gluten free high tea.
I do love a high tea served on quality teaware – the Pan Pacific recently invested in the Wedgwood Harlequin Butterfly Bloom and Cuckoo collections.
Tables are set with white table cloths, silverware and Wedgwood teaware. The Origins Restaurant has a spacious layout so you have a bit of privacy from the neighbouring table. The restaurant has a view across the hotel swimming pool and the Swan River.
High tea the Pan Pacific is refined; the quality of the food was faultless and wonderful service with the bonus of unlimited sparkling wine throughout the high tea.
Reviews for this venue:
- 2 July 2020: Winter Free-Flowing High Tea at Bar Uma Perth
- 29 October 2019: High Tea at Bar Uma, Pan Pacific Perth
- 22 May 2019: High Tea at Montereys Brasserie, Pan Pacific Perth