Want to feel like a star? I felt like one before I even took my seat thanks to the stage curtains, red carpet and lights that greeted me at the entrance of Pan Pacific’s newly renovated venue, The Stage.
Once escorted to my seat I was immediately impressed by the beautiful table setting of floral china and first cup of Dilmah’s refreshing peach tea. It wasn’t long before I was presented with the selected Sin Gin cocktail, Floradora that celebrated Perth’s pink gin and added a touch of spring with the Geraldton wax flower and lime garnish.
Pan Pacific’s new pastry chef, Sai Jetty then brought out the impressive three-tiered tower of sweet and savoury delights which I accompanied with a glass of Ferngrove’s Sparkling Cuvee. I opened proceedings with the bottom tier that housed four appetising savoury treats. The first of which was the braised duck spring roll with scene stealer, lemongrass and chilli sauce, yum!
A word of warning the next menu item contains coriander, lucky for me I loved the tomato and coriander chutney dipping sauce for the pea and onion bite while Chef Audren’s spiced chicken, herbs and mayo finger sandwich took out savoury of the day. The soft spinach bread complimented the moreish creamy filling perfectly. I finished up the savouries with the smoked salmon, herbed cream cheese and cucumber on crusty bread. It was an inventive way to combine your traditional cucumber, and smoked salmon sandwiches.
It was then time to move onto the highly anticipated candied citrus scones with apricot jam and Margaret River cream, housed on the middle tier. I’ve tasted a lot of scones in my time, and these are up there with the best. I loved the orange peel in the scone, let alone the scrumptious apricot jam, (a personal favourite of mine in the conserve world) and did I mention they’re warm as well, extra points for that.
The pressure was really on the remaining desserts on the top tier after such an impressive opening act so I opted for the decadently titled One Cosmo, Please which was a cranberry and Cointreau mousse with lemon sponge. Everything from the uniquely shaped glass to the light fluffy mousse and wedge of white chocolate worked, and then some!
The mandarin and white chocolate mousse on an orange almond base felt like the perfect sequel with the refreshing light fruity flavours. There’s even a surprise in there as noted on the menu and I can’t possibly reveal what that is but trust me it was yummy and took it to the next level.
What do you get when you cross a pavlova with a macaron? A pavlova sandwich with spring berries and vanilla cream. This not only looked pretty as a picture, but it also tasted a-mazing. I finished the day with the eye-catching honey mascarpone lavender chocolate cone which complimented the dark chocolate base to perfection.
The Spring Affair high tea at The Stage will make you feel like a star from the moment you arrive. The menu is befitting of a red carpet event and the staff are top notch, thanks Camilla!
There are numerous packages on offer from $65pp for the teetotalers right up to $130pp for the French Champagne option. There is also an impressive cocktail/mocktail list for a little extra.
Spoiler alert, this high tea only runs until Sunday the 20th of November and then there will be a short hiatus before their next one so don’t delay, make a booking today.
Spring Affair High Tea at The Stage Menu:
• Mandarin Cube, Mandarin & white chocolate mousse, orange almond base, mandarin surprise
• Honey Lavender Cone, Lavender mascarpone, honey crémeux, chocolate cone
• Berry Mac Pav, Pavlova sandwich, spring berries, vanilla cream
• One Cosmo, Please, Cranberry & Cointreau mousse, lemon sponge
• Citrus Scones, Candied citrus scones, apricot jam, cream
• Duck Spring Roll, Braised duck spring roll, lemongrass & chilli sauce
• Chef Audren’s Sandwich, Spiced chicken, herbs, mayo
• Salmon Sandwich, Smoked salmon, herbed cream cheese, cucumber
• Pea & Onion Bites, Yellow pea & onion bite, tomato & coriander chutney
High Tea Perth – find more experiences
in our High Tea Venue Directory
Reviews for this venue:
- 2 October 2023: High Tea by Monty’s, Pan Pacific Perth
- 30 April 2022: High Tea at Bar Uma, Pan Pacific Perth
- 5 June 2021: High Tea at Bar Uma, Pan Pacific Perth
- 2 July 2020: Winter Free-Flowing High Tea at Bar Uma Perth
- 29 October 2019: High Tea at Bar Uma, Pan Pacific Perth
- 22 May 2019: High Tea at Montereys Brasserie, Pan Pacific Perth
- 2 April 2014: High Tea at the Pan Pacific Perth