Luxury and decadence await you at COMO The Treasury Perth, with this exceptional experience where the beautiful afternoon tea is just the cherry on top of a phenomenal stay.
Served in the Cape Arid Rooms of the historically steeped State Buildings and positioned above the official marking of Perth’s Point Zero, this is an afternoon tea experience like no other.
We were greeted by a charming staff member and the smell of freshly baked goods, we were presented with the Afternoon Tea and talked through each artfully crafted item.
There were clear nods to the Western Australian influence from the décor, featuring beautiful illustrations from local artists and native flora, to the menu which featured the finest local producers and ingredients.
The afternoon tea itself features three savoury and three sweet items, as well as two scones per person. All delicacies were stunningly and meticulously presented, with an exceptional eye for detail and artistry. The scones were wrapped in cloth giving the afternoon tea a slightly rustic feel, letting tradition shine through an otherwise fresh and innovative take on high tea.
The standout savoury item was the sandwich with shaved leg ham, Cambray cheddar, toasted brioche, and green goddess dressing, which melted in the mouth deliciously.
Our favourite from the sweet selection was the Pâte à choux, with Teassential French Earl Grey custard, bergamot gel and Chantilly cream, a delectable combination of tastes that complemented each other in a unique and inventive way.
Attention to detail is given to the tea service, with each tea brewed at exactly the right temperature and time. The tea selection is from West Australia tea company Teassential including summer iced teas, sweet and mellow to the vibrant and refreshing. I tried the Kiss from a Rose, which was a blend of white tea, orange, rose and jasmine tea.
Alternate refreshments are available at an additional cost. We also tried the Cape Arid Horizon Gin with wax leaf, citrus, white peach, and jasmine soda.
The Cape Arid Rooms feature three interconnected rooms with high ceilings, timber-shuttered windows and walls adorned with eye-catching watercolour and ink paintings by Alex and Philippa Nikulinsky’s Cape Arid Collection, from which the rooms take their name.
Afternoon Tea at the Cape Arid Rooms is a great offering with impressive attention to detail, this is one of the best Afternoon Tea’s Perth has to offer.
Cape Arid Rooms Afternoon Tea menu – Seal Creek edition:
Served with your choice of Teassential tea or Mano a Mano filter coffee.
- Mushrooms, Parmesan sabayon, porcini, and truffle salt, puffed quinoa
- Roasted South Hampton free range chicken, sundried tomato, cucumber
- Shaved leg ham, Cambray cheddar, toasted brioche, green goddess
- Macadamia brownie, caramel, chocolate mousse, white chocolate cream
- Pâte à choux, Teassential French Earl Grey custard, bergamot gel, Chantilly cream
- Hazelnut sable, lemon curd and poppyseed sponge, candied lime zest
The menu changes each season with each menu inspired by a different WA region, you’ll find the current menu on the Cape Arid website.
Cape Arid Signature Overnight Experience
After our Afternoon Tea, we checked into our room as part of the Cape Arid Signature Experience.
The Heritage Room felt more like a lavish home than a hotel room. The bedroom and bathroom were large and luxurious with lots of indulgent touches like the welcome drinks, bar snacks, bath salts, and take-home items including the bottle of CA Horizon Gin.
If you thought things couldn’t get any better, there is a roof-top lap pool available for your convenience, which we relaxed in as the sun set across the Perth skyline.
The balcony that extended from our room had an incredible view of St George’s Cathedral and the City of Perth library. We could even indulge in coffee from our own coffee machine whilst we relaxed on our balcony.
In the morning we continued to enjoy their wonderful menu with the three-course breakfast at Post restaurant.
The experience even included a copy of Cape Arid, the Nikulinskys’ book recording their incredible art-making journey through high quality prints.
This Afternoon Tea overnight getaway is the epitome of luxury. If you need a special treat this is 24 hours of indulgence and pampering that is fit for royalty and above all, an afternoon tea experience you will never forget.
Cape Arid Signature Experience includes:
- Overnight accommodation
- Seasonal afternoon tea with a glass of sparkling wine in our Cape Arid Rooms
- Cape Arid book by Philippa and Alex Nikulinsky
- Breakfast at Post
- Access to our wellness facilities including a heated indoor pool, steam room and gym
- Welcome drinks
- Selection of in-room refreshments
- Valet parking for one vehicle
This experience at the COMO The Treasury Perth is priced from AU$1,055 per night in a Heritage Room for two guests.
High Tea Perth – find more experiences
in our High Tea Venue Directory
Reviews for this venue:
- 2 February 2022: Afternoon Tea in the Cape Arid Rooms at Como The Treasury, Perth
- 1 November 2020: Afternoon Tea at the Treasury Lounge & Bar Perth
- 3 May 2020: High Tea delivered from Como The Treasury Perth
- 29 July 2019: Winter Afternoon Tea at The Treasury Lounge & Bar Perth
- 30 April 2019: Afternoon Tea at The Treasury Lounge & Bar Perth
- 26 June 2018: Afternoon Tea in The Treasury Lounge & Bar Perth