Move over macarons, step away from the cupcakes and say hasta la vista to churros!
The Westin Melbourne introduces a new high tea service in honour of choux pastry’s raison d’être, the exquisite éclair.
Perched above Flinders Street the Westin Lobby Lounge has a view across Melbourne making it a delightful place to spend an afternoon with friends for the Éclair Affair High Tea.
The Lobby Lounge provides the perfect home for an afternoon of indulgence. Club chairs, a fire place set in a library wall, and art deco inspired chandeliers provide an ambiance fit for high tea.
The Westin are serving the Éclair Affair High Tea until the 30th of June 2014. The éclair is a classic nineteenth century French fancy whose name is derived from the French word for ‘lightning’… they’re gone in a flash!
The Westin Melbourne’s Executive Sous Chef Pamela Gould has devised a contemporary menu of sweet and savoury éclair options, paired with the choice of a glass of Domain Chandon, or a Vittoria coffee, hot chocolate or Jing tea.
Move over macarons, step away from the cupcakes and say hasta la vista to churros! The Westin Melbourne introduces a new high tea service in honour of choux pastry’s raison d’être, the exquisite éclair.
We nibbled on classic French combinations like ham, comte cheese, confit tomato and Dijon aioli and smoky mushroom pate with pickled shemiji, then indulged in the sweet selection of pistachio and fig, and the irresistible chocolate with caramel.
My favourite was the prawn and avocado with sweet chili jam, the flavour jumped out of my mouth, the éclair was so light it melted away.
The Éclair Affair High Tea Menu
• Mushroom pate with pickled shemiji
• Ham, comte cheese, confit tomato, grainy Dijon aioli
• Smoked duck, gorgonzola, pear, caramelized walnut, rocket
• Prawn, avocado, sweet chili jam
• Goat cheese with pesto
• Strawberry and lime
• Passion fruit and white chocolate
• Pistachio and fig
• Chocolate with caramel
Vanilla and dried fruit scone with fresh cream and berry conserve.
Served with Vittoria coffee, hot chocolate, Jing tea or herbal infusions.
With a selection of savoury and sweet éclairs this is a unique rather than a tradition high tea experience. The Westin Lobby Lounge is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon with good company and high tea.
Reviews for this venue:
- 14 July 2021: High Cheese at The Westin Melbourne
- 7 July 2020: High Cheese at the Westin Melbourne
- 2 July 2019: High Cheese at the Westin Melbourne
- 21 February 2019: High Seas at The Westin Melbourne
- 24 June 2018: High Cheese at The Westin Melbourne
- 25 June 2016: Winter High Tea at the Westin Melbourne
- 29 June 2013: High Tea at the Westin Melbourne
- 26 November 2012: High Tea at The Westin Melbourne